Supplier Development & Quality Improvement Services
A company's suppliers can play a critical role in enabling major performance breakthrough. Successful companies have learned the value of establishing winning relationships. Suppliers in healthy relationships with their customers go the extra mile for each other; they're truthful about deadlines, promises, and pricing; and they're easy to do business with. This relationship — bound by a common interest — creates loyalty and financial success. You'll learn how to cultivate successful partner relationships in our Supplier Development program.
GSMkonsep Internasional can help implement a comprehensive Supplier Development Program that ensures that your suppliers join you in your performance improvement effort. We help make this a win-win proposition for your suppliers.
GSMkonsep Internasional has extensive experience in building world-class Supplier Development Programs for major firms. Not only will we help you at the Strategic Sourcing level, but also at the detailed tactical level, where we roll up our sleeves and actually work with your Purchasing group to implement new systems. Our services include:
- Supplier Selection - We can assist your purchasing department with supplier identification and selection.
- Supplier Bidding/Negotiation - We can assist your buyers to secure the lowest total cost to meet project targets.
- Supplier Evaluations - We can evaluate prospective suppliers via criteria based analytical methods
- Supplier Quality - We can verify supplier quality data, develop and provide an analysis for you
- Supplier Cost Reviews - We can collect cost data from all suppliers being considered. We would then verify all cost data provided by the suppler through on-site visits. A complete cost analysis will be provided so that you can verify target cost capability.
- Supplier Capability Assessment - We can ascertain all aspects of suppliers ability to perform engineering development, prototype capability, testing/validation capacity, tool building and manufacturing capability.
- Technical Reviews - We can coordinate and facilitate technical reviews. Engineering personnel must be a part of this type of review. In essence suppliers will come prepared to thoroughly discuss how they will meet the functional and technical requirements previously provided by your engineering organization. Long term technology roadmaps can be developed. Specifically items addressed in technical reviews are:
- Supplier program team; supplier resources that will be committed to execute the program; organization chart
- Supplier engineering design concepts that match your engineering requirements
- Supplier cost reduction ideas that you can utilize
- Project timing
- Product demonstrations (mock-ups) new technology items
- Engineering Test Capabilities
- Engineering Design Tools
- Commercial Reviews – We can coordinate and facilitate commercial reviews. Specifically items addressed in commercial reviews are:
- Quality metrics
- Manufacturing floor/plant layout
- Equipment to be utilized
- Manufacturing facility material flow plan
- Purchasing practices currently utilized to insure quality delivery from Tier 2 and Tier 3 supply chain.
Launch support - We can analyze launch history; compare ramp up schedule vs actual; manning, training, quality in place.
On-going cost control - We can assess a supplier's capability to undergo continuous cost improvements beyond the first year of production including the supplier's internal Cost Improvement Program; value engineering, cost reduction expertise, etc.
We would assess all supplier information and will provide to you with a risk analysis and roadmap of development for each supplier.